We want to tell stories about Squeaky in a really engaging way so our customers can feel connected to and proud of their energy company (for the first time ever), and so potential customers can see that we’re ‘for real’ before they sign a contract.
You’ll be great at writing great content - long, small and anything in between! You’ll sniff out fantastic stories and have the knack for sharing it with the right people at the right time. Ideally, you’ll have a degree in multimedia journalism and/or at least 3 years experience in content writing. And you’ll be passionate about growing businesses and curious about what we’re up to.
You'll work with our strategist and growth marketer to:
- Research and develop multimedia 'how to' guides
- Ghostwrite thought leadership blog posts for our founder
- Create compelling content around our customers, generators and staff.
- You need to be self-starting. You need to sniff out the stories, reach out to people, do your own logistics, and capture, edit, write and publish your own stuff. You'll get lots of support from your team, but you need to own your role.
- Squeaky is a virtual company, so we all work from anywhere - plus you'll be travelling around the UK a lot. But we meet in virtual 'huddles' several times a week, have some desks in a co-working space in central London, and take our chances to meet in person whenever we can.
- This is a chance to get into a tech startup right at the start of the journey, play a big part in its success, and grow with it. You'll work into our Marketing Director who helped grow startups like Skype, Zoopla and giffgaff.
- We'll pay a competitive salary and all your travel expenses.
- Bring Squeaky to life to make it feel real, credible, interesting and human
- By editorialising Squeaky’s staff, customers, generators and their community projects
- Creating a flow of content that is genuinely interesting and engaging and so drives SEO (rather than bland keyword stuffed ‘content’)
- Creating accessible, engaging, human stories
- Write for blog, CRM and social
- Capture and edit still and moving image for blog, CRM and social
- Good with people
- Empathy, can put themselves in others’ shoes
- Passion for SMEs
- Curiosity about energy and clean energy (but not an environ-mentalist)
- Working understanding of SEO
Report to Marketing Director
- Marketing Strategist on insight
- Growth Marketer on SEO
- PR consultant & social media manager on distribution